Saturday, December 15, 2007

5 Tips for visiting NYC

Just came back from visiting NYC my family and I and a great time.  This is the second visit this year.  Here are some tips:
  • Don't be afraid to use public transportation - we arrived at JFK and used the AirTram to Jamaica Station and then the subway and it worked great.
  • Don't be afraid to ask someone for help.  I can't tell you how many times we went the wrong way.  Every time we asked for help we received great advice.
  • Get a sense of direction - this is important know where some of the major landmarks are and use them as a sense of direction to find out where you are going (it helps).
  • Always carry cash - I am not use to carrying cash but a lot of places in NY don't take credit cards so I would recommend caring cash.
  • Don't turn Left - This trip I had to drive to NJ and for some reason they have something against left turns.  Not a fan of Jug Handles.. 

No comments: